Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Daughter Sarah

My daughter Sarah loves music. She loves to crank up the volume - just like her dad. She keeps taking my CD's out of my car, taking them to her room and listening to them at full blast. Today I found her in there listening to my Sarah Brightman CD on volume 10. She is three. She also loves to dance. One of her favorite movies is The Nutcracker. Not Barbie in the Nutcracker, but the real Nutcracker. All ballet and no talk. She even sleeps in her "Clara shoes." She moves around the house and kicks up her toes and twirls and whirls (and even has a very cute finger flutter move like the one Odette does in Swan Lake). She thinks she is a ballerina. But she is built for football. She is only three, but she weighs in at 46 pounds and is 42 inches tall. She is at least 8 pounds heavier than her older sister and two inches taller. I don't have the heart to tell her that she will never make it as a ballerina. Unless they have reinforced floorboards. Who knows, maybe she will do both. In the meantime, it fills me with joy to watch her dance and sing and become her own "little" person.

It is so much fun to watch all of my my children love things that I haven't taught them how to love, things that they undoubtably learned to love before they came here. I marvel that these little people have so much personality, so many distinguishing traits, so many individual characteristics - right from the get-go. It is nice to know that there are some things I just don't have to teach them.

1 comment: