Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wholeheartedness



I discovered on Ted.com an amazing woman who talks about amazing things.  She speaks about authenticity and connection.  Her name is Brene Brown and here is what she has to say about living with your whole heart:


Wholehearted living is about engaging in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think, No matter what gets done and how much is left undone; I am enough.  It’s going to bed at night thinking, Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn’t change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging.
I struggle to live wholeheartedly.  I tend to rush, rush, rush, forgetting to live in the moment and with my whole heart.  I recently attended a seminar put on by the Power of Moms crew.  I learned some things there about living in the moment, and deliberately creating the kind of life I want to have.   I will have to blog more about that next time.  In the meantime, here is Brene's talk and it is worth your time - I promise!




           

No comments:

Post a Comment