Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Top Ten Things I Learned on Our Trip to Nauvoo

Well, we finally have arrived home from our trip to Nauvoo.  The laundry is piled high, the dishes are piled up in the sink, the mail is unread, bags unpacked and I have a million things on my to do list.  But before I do any of that really boring stuff, I wanted to write my list of Top Ten Things I Learned on Our Trip To Nauvoo.

Of course I planned to blog the whole trip, but quickly found out just how limited the internet can be when you are driving through Nowheresville, Nebraska.  Now I don't mean to be sarcastic.  The countryside was so beautiful for the most part and so many of the small towns we saw along the way were really very cute (although they might not appreciate the term!).

I probably will write more about Nauvoo.  I certainly did miss writing; but for now, at least until I can get on top of my laundry, this top ten list will have to do.

Top Ten Things I Learned on Our Trip To Nauvoo

1- Nauvoo is a long ways away.
2- The distance between Salt Lake City and Nauvoo and back is about 10 movies.
3- If you add 50 percent humidity to 95 degrees you get 200 degrees (or at least it felt like it).
4- There are more bugs per square mile in Illinois or Missouri than are in the entire state of Utah.
5- And to me, after a while, every bug looks like a mosquito.
6- Lightning Bugs (Fireflies) continue to glow for at least an hour after they have hit your windshield.
7- Two weeks in an RV with Five kids feels like two years.
8- I'm a wimp.  I love air conditioning and the creature comforts, and I wouldn't have made it as a pioneer!
9- If a zoo advertises itself as being the worlds largest zoo, that is your first clue that you should Stay Away!
10- And last, but not least, if you haven't been to Nauvoo, it's a wonderful place to go.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA Those were hilarious and so true I bet. Glad you were able to go, the kids will remember this for the rest of their lives. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete